Starting a Home Care Agency Business?
Starting a home care agency business with Certified Homecare Consulting guarantees your State licensure and puts your home care agency business on the right track for successful startup.
Starting a Home Care Agency Business
Starting a Home Care Agency Business and Starting a Home Health Care Agency Business, What Is The Difference?
The difference between starting a home health agency business and starting a home care agency business is a question of non-medical vs medical/skilled nursing. If you are looking to provide services such as personal care, assistance with daily living, companion care, light housekeeping, or nearly any other services that do not require skilled nursing or therapy, then you are starting a home care agency business. This type of business typically relies on private pay, but can also be reimbursed by Medicaid, the VA, and other 3rd party payers.
A home health care agency business can also offer non-medical services but can also offer medical/skilled nursing services as well as OT, PT, and ST services. Starting a home health care business will require Medicare Accreditation if your home health care agency businesses wishes to be reimbursed by Medicare and most 3rd party payers such as Medicaid and Private Insurance Companies.
The need for more home care agency businesses is greater now more than ever. Our population is aging, and our seniors need to be cared for. Most families and seniors would prefer for this care to take place in their home. Starting a home care agency business is not only spiritually rewarding, but it can be very profitable as well. We own three home care agency businesses of our very own and have helped hundreds of people just like you start their home care agency businesses.
Starting a Non-Medical Home Care Agency Business
Starting a private home care agency business is not an easy task. This is why so many people settle for a home care franchise to help them when starting their home care agency business. What they don’t know is that most home care franchise models are a complete waste of money. Certified Homecare Consulting can help you with starting a home care agency business of your very own without any guess work or franchise fees or royalties. Get better consulting, and the same home care support you would get from a home care franchise, but for a fraction of the cost – and best of all – you own 100% of your business. If you choose to proceed with starting a home care agency business on your own, without our home health care consultants or a home care franchise, there is a lot you will need to do to assure your successful startup.
Home Care Agency Business Training
What You Need To Know About Starting A Home Care Agency Business
1. Incorporation – Choose the specific business structure (Sole proprietor, Partnership, Limited Liability Company, S Corporation, C Corporation) appropriate for your new home care agency business.
2. FEIN/EIN – Obtain a FEIN/EIN for your home care agency business. A FEIN/EIN is a Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN). Think of this as a social security number for businesses.
3. SOS Filing – Register your home health care agency business with the secretary of state.
4. State home care agency business license (if applicable) – Most states require a home care agency business to be licensed, but believe it or not, there are still some starts that allow for starting a home care agency business without having a home care agency business license. Ohio and Massachusetts are two examples of this.
5. Capitalization Requirements – You will need to open a business account and fund it with the appropriate startup costs. When starting a home care agency business, it is important to understand all the expenses involved ahead of time.
6. Purchase home care agency business policies and procedures – Without these procedures you cannot get licensed and will be open for liability. Call Certified Homecare Consulting for State Specific, customized home care agency business policies and procedures. We guarantee you will pass licensure our home care agency business policies and procedures manuals. Writing your own policies from scratch would take a very long time and leave you vulnerable to most states licensure rules (3 strikes and you are out).
7. Staffing your home care agency business – recruit compassionate, reliable staff.
8. Marketing your home care agency business – Find referral sources – be resourceful – hire the right person.
9. Website and SEO – Call Certified Homecare Consulting for business cards, brochures, and a custom-built website for your home care agency business.
10. Do you need an office when starting a home care agency business? – In many states, you do not need commercial office space and can use your home office. Call Certified Homecare Consulting today and ask us about the regulations for starting a home care agency business in your state.
11. Never give up – Nothing good comes easy – do not give up. Live your dreams and follow your heart and mind! Today you are starting a home care business, tomorrow you are starting a home care franchise and developing your franchise disclosure document. Think big! Don’t give up! Contact us today to learn more!